Friday, June 10, 2011

Sneak Peek

Normally I usually make smaller coin purses, but I've decided to make some larger ones. I already had some larger purse frames in my supplies stash, but I also purchased some even larger frames (over 8"), which I'm going to use to make clutches, but I need to purchase a different frame pincher (the one I use for the smaller frames isn't strong enough for the larger frames). For now, here's a sample of some new coin purses - the three larger ones at the back use either silk or vintage fabric (love the curved antique brass frame in the bottom left, it's my new favourite frame):



Recently I came across some vintage silk kimono fabric, which I'm going to use for the larger clutches. The fabric is really beautiful:



But I'm having major problems with my domestic sewing machine, which is probably close to 20 years old. I've never had it serviced, so that's a start, but I may look into investing in a new one, something that's got a bit more power and features. The research begins...

No comments: