Monday, March 7, 2011

Two new tops for spring

Over the past week I was able to sew two new spring tops for myself. This will probably be the last bit of sewing I do for a while, as in about two weeks I leave for a three week vacation to South America, the first trip I've been on in over ten years!



This white top is #44 from the Japanese sewing book "Natural Fabric Summer Clothes & Goods". The fabric is a linen I found in the remnants bin at Fabricland, costing me about $12 to make. I pretty much stuck to the pattern and didn't make any alterations. It was a quick sew - from cutting out the pattern to the very finish I think it only took about two hours.

This blue tunic is dress "I" from the Japanese pattern book "Stylish Dress Book". I shortened it to make it a top rather than a dress. It was fairly simply to make and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: