Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New batch of coin purses


The other day I dropped off what may be my last batch of snap-frame coin purses at The Rage: the owner has announced that the store will be closing as of October 1st. This makes me sad, for several reasons. Not only is it a great store, but the positive feedback I received on my purses was a huge source of ego-boosting for me. Knowing that complete strangers liked what I made certainly helped improve my self-esteem, and making the items gave me a sense of purpose that a professional career doesn't always provide. I need to have a creative outlet in my life, and the store provided that for me. I'm really hoping that the business is purchased and continues, even if at a different location.


So, I am on the lookout for new retail opportunities to fill the gap. I've already contacted a few stores and hope to have something in place soon. If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me.

2 comments:

100 mile finds said...

Hi Karen,
It's Shirley from 100 mile finds. Have you contacted Periwinkle? Wise Daughters? Beadle? Drysdale & Co.? Black Dafodil? The Purple Thumb? Scooter Girl?
They are all on www.100milefinds.com, they might be good people to contact.
Good Luck!

SpecialK said...

Thanks Shirley! I've tried a few of those places but will look at the others.