Thursday, September 17, 2009

New stuff

In preparation of the fall craft shows, I'm trying to branch out and make new things, rather than repeating the same item. I've decided to focus on small pouches and accessories - as much as I love them, purses and totes don't seem to be my thing (bag construction is something beyond my skills). This week I made a few flex frame pouches:


I had two different set of instructions to go by, but in the end came up with my own pattern. I'm happy with how these two turned out. More to come! They will have their debut at the CBC craft sale November 5.


I also decided to make a table banner for my new Etsy store, Zippster, since I will be selling a combination of items from my two stores. To reflect what I actually do - sewing - I made a sewn banner with fabric remnants, many of them hand dyed or painted by me:



Etsy sales have been slow over the summer but have just started picking up again. Lots to keep me busy!

No comments: