Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Craft show = failure?

Ok, so it wasn't a complete failure, but it was disappointingly unsuccessful. The show was at a large community centre and featured over 50 vendors, so I assumed it would be well attended. It wasn't. I did not make enough to cover my table fee, which fortunately was very reasonable. However, I received lots of nice compliments on my work, and met some great sellers. I'm taking a break over the summer, but will apply for the pre-Christmas shows.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be adding listings for my new pin-back buttons and magnets - I'm going to focus on sets because it's not worth selling them one at a time. My plan for the summer is to create some sort of business plan and marketing strategy with my partner for bulk and custom orders for the pins and magnets. And I do need to make more Blythe clothes - my inventory is getting low.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm working on a business plan too. Sorry to hear the show was such a dud.